The purpose of Asbestos Surveys is to locate, as far as is reasonably practicable, any materials suspected of containing asbestos, and to assess their condition. This usually involves sampling and analysis of materials to confirm the presence or absence of asbestos. Once a sample has been safely taken, it is sent to the laboratory to be analysed.
Every Asbestos Survey report we carry out includes a record of the location, extent and product type of any presumed or known asbestos-containing material (with photographic evidence); information on the accessibility, condition and surface treatment of any presumed or known asbestos-containing material; record the asbestos type, either by collecting representative samples of suspect materials for laboratory identification or by making a presumption based on the product type and its appearance.
As with all our asbestos works, the Asbestos Surveys we conduct are done so with the Health & Safety Executive recommendations in mind.
If you think there may be asbestos in your property, don’t delay and contact Asbestos Fighters today to carry out your Asbestos Survey.
Surveyor taking a sample of ceiling board to check for asbestos presence.
Asbestos Insulation Board Removal & Disposal, Old Coulsdon
Work for the asbestos insulation board removal included:
1. Several site visits and meetings to decide on the best plan of action for all parties;
2. Undertook the risk assessment for all site hazards that would or could become issues during the removal;
3. Designed our enclosures and setups;
4. Produce the site-specific RAMs, site packs;
5. Allocated the Team, ordered the materials and plant and planned the mobilisation;
6. The team and the manager met on the first morning of the project and went through the whole programme during a site walk around;
7. Then the site was set up and the works were undertaken;
8. After the air testing, we installed a new fire barrier in the loft space between the two loft spaces.
Pipe Lagging Removal
Asbestos Cement Shed Removal Watford
The solid shed was built over 30 years ago and was still standing. However our client didn’t enjoy a look of it in his garden and wanted it removed so he could replace it with something more modern.
Our team thrive on helping local communities deal with any asbestos related matters - no job is too small!