Legionella Risk Assessment
Legionnaires’ Disease is a potentially fatal lung disease which can be caught when a person inhales water droplets containing bacteria from items such as air conditioning units. A Legionella Risk Assessment is carried out to identify any potential hazards to avoid this happening…
A Legionella Risk Assessment is carried out in a property to identify both hazards and potential hazards that may result in an individual catching Legionnaires Disease. It can help identify who is at risk from the disease. As part of the assessment, water in the building is tested for legionella and measures can be put into place to minimise any potential risks. In a workplace, how workers may be exposed is identified so measures to reduce their risk can be put in place. As part of COSHH Regulations 2002, employers are required to assess any potential risks so that these can be controlled.
When Asbestos Fighters carry out your risk assessment, we will ensure that it will be carried out in accordance with the current British Standards (BS8580). As part of the assessment, we will carry out the following in line with HSE guidance:
- Identify and summarise potential sources of risk;
- Site/building overview
- Assess any controls in place to manage risks;
- Consider monitoring, inspection and maintenance procedures;
- Record the monitoring results, inspections and checks carried out;
- Arrangement to review the risk assessment regularly
Cement Water Tank Removal, Buckinghamshire
We work with this company regularly - they care about the health and safety of their team and their clients - and they appreciate the quality of service they receive from us is consistent and we are reliable and get the job done quickly without delaying their own time frame.
Asbestos Insulation Board Removal & Disposal, Old Coulsdon
Work for the asbestos insulation board removal included:
1. Several site visits and meetings to decide on the best plan of action for all parties;
2. Undertook the risk assessment for all site hazards that would or could become issues during the removal;
3. Designed our enclosures and setups;
4. Produce the site-specific RAMs, site packs;
5. Allocated the Team, ordered the materials and plant and planned the mobilisation;
6. The team and the manager met on the first morning of the project and went through the whole programme during a site walk around;
7. Then the site was set up and the works were undertaken;
8. After the air testing, we installed a new fire barrier in the loft space between the two loft spaces.
Pipe Lagging Removal
Asbestos Cement Shed Removal Watford
The solid shed was built over 30 years ago and was still standing. However our client didn’t enjoy a look of it in his garden and wanted it removed so he could replace it with something more modern.
Our team thrive on helping local communities deal with any asbestos related matters - no job is too small!