When asbestos is removed from a building or structure, it is imperative that the asbestos disposal is done so correctly and in accordance with the Health & Safety Executive’s safety regulations. If this is not completed correctly, it could have devastating consequences.
Once asbestos has been removed safely, the asbestos is double-bagged in line with the current guidelines and taken securely to the local transfer station. It is important that this is done quickly and efficiently, as there is a very specific time frame with which we must adhere to – the asbestos must arrive at the transfer station within 24 hours of being removed. Once there, we will be issued a certificate/consignment note stating how many packs we have removed from your project and the date and time – this evidence is then sent on to you, our client, so you have proof that it has been dealt with and disposed of properly.
As with any of the works Asbestos Fighters carry out, when we complete your asbestos disposal, safety and environmental guidelines are always at the forefront of what we do.
Find out more about asbestos disposal by contacting the Asbestos Fighters team today.
Asbestos Insulation Board Removal & Disposal, Old Coulsdon
Work for the asbestos insulation board removal included:
1. Several site visits and meetings to decide on the best plan of action for all parties;
2. Undertook the risk assessment for all site hazards that would or could become issues during the removal;
3. Designed our enclosures and setups;
4. Produce the site-specific RAMs, site packs;
5. Allocated the Team, ordered the materials and plant and planned the mobilisation;
6. The team and the manager met on the first morning of the project and went through the whole programme during a site walk around;
7. Then the site was set up and the works were undertaken;
8. After the air testing, we installed a new fire barrier in the loft space between the two loft spaces.
Pipe Lagging Removal
Asbestos Cement Shed Removal Watford
The solid shed was built over 30 years ago and was still standing. However our client didn’t enjoy a look of it in his garden and wanted it removed so he could replace it with something more modern.
Our team thrive on helping local communities deal with any asbestos related matters - no job is too small!